Basement bathroom with urinal. Plumbing question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnelson

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to this site and looking for some help with a basement bathroom project. I want to make it a half bath with a urinal. I have uploaded some pictures to give you an idea of what I am working with. I thought I would have plenty of room to put the sink, urinal and toilet on the same wall, but now that I measured and taped everything out to get an idea, it doesn't look like there's enough room to put it where I originally wanted which is between the sink and toilet. There's only 25" between the toilet and sink.

The first 3 pics show the space I am working with.

The 4th picture shows where I originally wanted the urinal. I was going to share the same drain as the sink which has the black arrow pointing at it. And in case you didn't know the blue oval with the U is the urinal.

The 5th pic is an idea that I would like to know from you guys if it's possible? Can I just put a "Y" off that drain pipe that is also used by the utility sink there?

Another idea that I have and do not have a picture of is having the urinal directly across from the toilet and having the drain from the urinal sloping down that wall and around the next corner and sloping to the drain that the utility sink uses? Is that possible or recommended if I want it on the opposite wall of the sink and toilet? That's ideally where I would like to have it.

One more curious question here. What is the pipe coming out of the ground to the left of the utility sink drain pipe?

I hope I make sense? Thank you very much for your help!

B

Basement Bathroom 1.JPG

Basement Bathroom 2.JPG

Basement Bathroom 3.JPG

Basement Bathroom 4.jpg

Basement Bathroom 5.jpg

I'm in WI. The door will be where the door frame has been built right next to the main stack.

I posted pics and and already said I am in WI. Not sure why you keep asking the same questions? Don't bother responding, someone already answered my question from another plumbing forum site.

Latest posts

Back