Pea sized rocks in newer homes water pipes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddincali

Reaction score
I wet to repair a leaking bathroom faucet. Turns out it was 3 bathroom faucets on the 2nd floor. When the water on the faucet was closed, water still came out the spout so i bought Delta Brass and Plastic Faucet Stem Model #: RP25513. Turns out the shutoff valve was leaking to spout when i turned it off, so replaced Brass Compression In-Line Angle Valve but used the old nut and Ferrel. i noticed pea sized rocks and smaller ones in my water catch bucket and the copper pipe was gritty with sand - like rocks so i cleaned as best i could. The nut leaked some drops so i tightened super tight till water stopped. pulled out stem and seen small rocks at the bottom, got those out , replaced stem, and everything was good and no leaks till after 10th time of turning on and off, the handle was getting a lil stuck and grinding
(more rocks) How do i rid all the rocks from the water lines? House is only 10 years old and rocks only seems to come from upstairs. i turned on the outdoor spigots to try and flush and made sure i went slow when tuning on the main water shut off valve. Any ideas would be appreciated.

What frodo said. You won the pebble lottery. It's probably just going to take time to get it all out.

Latest posts

Back