Cover For Well Pump Maintenance

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epiroska

Reaction score
We just recently had our front porch replaced. The new slab sits on raised concrete block and my submersible well pump is underneath. The slab that was removed had about a 6 inch hole cut through it to be able to pull the well pump out for maintenance. When the contractor poured the new slab, he forgot about the hole but is coming back to cut one in. Is there any type of access cover made that can be put into the new hole being cut? On the old slab, the hole was cut and then just filled with Quickrete or some kind of patch. When maintenance was needed, the well worker would just punch through it to get access they needed. When they were done, they would mix up another batch of patch and fill it in again. Any suggestions on what might be available? Thank you.

I'm trying to visualize this in my head. Can your guy actually get to the well casing to undo pipes and bolts etc through that little hole?

The hole through the porch slab allowed for the piping and the pump to be pulled from the well casing. The service guys would back their truck up to the porch and set up their rig to pull the pump out. The area where the pump is located is also open to the basement. That's how the pipes and electric are disconnected before the pump is pulled through the porch slab.

Back