I need to fix a broken pipe underground

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterno

Reaction score
Here is the picture

http://i.hizliresim.com/N4WXYa.jpg

As you see the pipe that connects to the T pipe is broken.

My question is should I cut the broken pipe and put a coupler?

Is there another way to do this?

This is a PVC pipe of a sprinkler system

Or maybe dig out more dirt and play with the male side of the pipe to stick it to the female and then do the primer and then the glue?

Last edited:
Is that some sort of fossil? Start digging so we can see if that is a dinosaur bone or a PVC fitting!

lmfao. The first ever irrigation system, built 65 million years ago. Who did you buy the house from? Cavemen...

I had an employee (Now mind you all I do is underground work) he would dig a hole he could barely fit in then complain he didn't have room. He would then dig it a little bit bigger and complain wrenched wouldn't fit. After the third or fourth time digging the same hole I would send someone else over to show him how to dig a hole. He did this for almost a year before i fired him. Luckily he was good at other stuff. He was the only guy I've met that would rather fight with a fitting for three days instead of spending a couple hours digging.

My philosophy is that went it comes to making access to work on something, make the access bigger than you think it will ever need to be. It probably still won't be big enough, but at least you won't have to dig or cut too much more to be able to work.

My philosophy is that went it comes to making access to work on something, make the access bigger than you think it will ever need to be. It probably still won't be big enough, but at least you won't have to dig or cut too much more to be able to work.

Agreed, its the same as preparing for anything in life. You have to set your expectations a bit higher, and that's what you strive for. Weather it be digging a hole or running a marathon, your going to want to give it your all. It's mostly the people with snobby attitudes or low self esteem that do things halfway and then are mad at the world for what they did.

Back