Faucet Leaking Down Lift Rod

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan_Manchester

Reaction score
Hello. Recently I went to use my bathroom faucet and heard a sound from underneath. The water wasn't flowing out of the spout so I immediately shut the water off. I went to observe what was going on and found a couple pieces had come undone. Attached are a few photos of how it looks. Does anyone have insight as to fixing the problem? I appreciate the help in advance. Thank you.

20150802_132217.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

20150802_132202.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The nut needs to be threaded up towards the faucet again so that the washer seals nicely against the spout body.

I've never touched anything underneath the sink. It just randomly did it this morning when turning the warm water on. The water started to come out of the faucet, but because of the sound it made I checked underneath and everything was soaked. I turned the faucet off. Now when I turn the faucet on it leaks the water underneath, but nothing comes out of the spout. I tried lifting the nut back up and screwing it back into place, but when tightening it there doesn't seem to be a catch for the thread. I was pushing with firm strength while turning to make sure it wasn't barely missing it, but it didn't work.

Here is a pic of what it looks like when everything is held up. Like mentioned earlier, when the nut is turned it doesn't grab anything. I've tried pushing it up harder while turning, but still doesn't grab. Thanks for the diagram froto.

Wasn't the nut on the shaft with o-ring that came loose.
The whole shaft came loose or broke off from the spout body.
The lift rod is holding it from falling completely off. remove the rod connector and the rod so you can see if it's broken or threaded at the top

20150802_132217.jpg

Back