Tub/Shower faucet handle leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genna

Reaction score
I have been having some issues with my tub faucet leaking for some time. Today, I took off the handles and removed the hot and cold assemblies to replace the washers, thinking that would be the easiest place to start. Well, after putting everything back (except the handles) water now SPRAYS from the hot water handle area when hot or cold tap is turned on. I am at a loss, please help, thanks

1438474532729-1531987538.jpg

Those suckers were tight already. Tightened them as much as I could and still sprayed. I ended up taking the paking nuts off and found that the packing was all crazy. One had a washer that was made up of some kind of woody looking material? The other was jammed with some kind of putty. The hot water tap didn't even have an o ring in the bottom. I scraped them both out and put in bonnet packing and new o rings and it is leak free now. Thanks for your response. Hope this can help some other newbie someday :)

Awesome. Thats what I like to see, one question, one answer, one solution. lol

Latest posts

Back