Are radiators still a relevant way of heating?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I understand. you should look into them, they're half the weight and just as efficient. Did some research and they're pretty much exclusive to Europe, no one really sells them in the U.S.

Baseboard radiation is still very popular. I do a lot of it.

Its very important to know how to size a system for radiators, it's not one size fits all. But ultimately, it's how you choose to heat the water that's going to be your biggest factor.

The system does not generate and/or distribute as much dust/allergens in the house as forced air.

I would think one would want some type of fresh outside air exchange.

Well everyone here has a point. The baseboard look is more modern, as the radiator reminds people of a time when they were growing up. Proper unit size is definitely a factor and I understand that, but the flow of fresh air is also important. Im thinking about installing Bi-metal radiators, they contain a classic look with a twist of modern design to them. And then adding a ventilation fan to circulate the air.

Not sure what your building codes are like but all new homes here are required to have heat recovery ventilation.

I like infloor hydronic heat. first time i encountered it, i was in a hotel room.
the room was hot, and i could not find the unit or a tstat. slept with the window cracked open.

found out, all the rooms were controlled by 1 stat, in the main office..

I like infloor hydronic heat. first time i encountered it, i was in a hotel room.
the room was hot, and i could not find the unit or a tstat. slept with the window cracked open.

found out, all the rooms were controlled by 1 stat, in the main office..

It is definitely a beauty. The fact that a large portion of your body's core temp comes from your feet plays a big part in it too. Nobody wants to be cold, and hydronic heating is in my opinion is the modern way of heating.

Back