Showerstall in Basement Apt

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seeking to install a standalone showerstall in the basement, but my height limitation is 73" and the cement floor is poured, but has a sub drain under the cement, so not practical to dig into the cement.

Who makes a stand alone showerstall with a tall enough pan so the P-trap is above the floor? Thanks.

no one,,,you will have to build a platform, then, install a shower pan.

then build custom walls to your desired height

or. cut the top off of a stand along to fit your situation.

but, something you need to take into consideration.

shower head heigth

HrmSZzr.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm aware of the height limitations, and struggling to avoid a custom made shower stall, but I think I hav eno choice.

Using the Saniflo Turboflush M300 Round Kit (http://www.saniflostore.com/Saniflo-Turboflush-M300-Round-Kit-M300-003-005.htm?productId=39)
I can hook up a shower and a sink to the toilet, and have all of the poop and gray water pumped up and out to a drain.

The Italian architect and Italian engineer who built this house in 1937, designed this house to last for a few hundred years! (for example, the kitchen ceiling has beams 6" on center, probably due to the weight of the original cast iron tub). When the old cast iron boiler was cracked open, roughly 40-50 gallons of water flowed out of it and drained into this "drain." However, upon closer inspection the drain was actually a hole in the floor, and a rubber gasket was clearly noticeable, which was blocking the main sewer drain (we opened the gasket and could see lying water in the sewer line). So, where did all of this water go??? The basement supposedly has a sub floor drainage system, based on neighbor accounts who are old enough to recall.

I am hesitant to pound out a hole int he cement, 5-6 inches deep, and ruin this sub drain system. But, with the height restrictions, this might be a chance / risk I have to take.

Back