Post Reno - Kitchen Sinks, Dishwasher not Draining

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wudevr

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I've done a kitchen reno that involved moving the kitchen sink from where it was to same position but on the other side of the wall. Had no issues with the original sink, but now, new sink won't drain and dishwasher causes sinks to partially fill up when it drains.
Here is a link with some pics to how its setup. Any ideas/suggestions on how to correct this are greatly appreciated!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...tHZVhtODF5SHJhLTFtVnJOOVQzLVZ5M3pUeXFYZGVhcHc

No need for all those 90's ( 1/4 bends ).
I would have just put the santee with a trap arm in wall. then turn the trap arm out into kitchen cabinet with a 45 ( 1/8th bend ).

Also lower the santee and trap arm so you can properly trap the sink.

If it has been dry for a while the old kitchen goo in the old line dries up and swells up when you start using it again. needs to be snaked out.

But unless you take out those bottom 90's you will have continuous problems.

That's the work of a rookie. If you paid for that tell him I said he doesn't know how to plumb.

DSC_0125 - Copy.jpg

Does it drain slow or not at all. It looks like the wall stub out is to high, you had to make the trap deeper to get it to fit. I t may just take more head pressure from above to push the water up and out the trap.

I would do like what was stated and remove all the 90°'s and lower the line while you are at it.

19'' MAX from floor to center of drain for a kitchen sink

i like 17'', in case you get a big ole mammer jammer garbage disposal and a damn deep sink

1 1/2'' extensions, are only couple bucks, cutting the tee and lowering it.....bad ju ju

Back