PVC Belly

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jene4tx67

Reaction score
The other day, my washing machine backed up into my bathtub. I tried to clear the clog myself, but couldn't so I called a drain cleaning company. The guy came out and immediately ran a snake through my kitchen clean out. He said the snake got stuck at a point past the bathtub. He put a camera down the line and showed me a belly in the line. He said the pipe might be separated. He never touched my bathtub. I asked him if he could snake the tub or clear the line from there and he said no. He said he needs to tunnel 15' under my house in order to replace the run of pipe. His discounted price is $8,776.00.

I tried to clear the bathtub again and was successful. My question is, what is the danger of a belly? Is it a break waiting to happen, or could I live with it? What would happen if I did nothing?

Tunnel under 15' :eek: That's crazy. I have tunneled under things, but 15'.

I guess El Chappo had his crew tunnel a mile but I'll bet it wasn't cheap.
( You know they started digging that tunnel before he even went to prison there )
Even if they did tunnel under 15', putting all that dirt back in COMPACTED will be more work than it was to take it out.

WOW he even estimated it down to $6.00. Surprised he didn't toss on a .99 at the end.

did water from the kitchen ever back up into the tub while the tub was plugged up.

Edit: It did back up while using the laundry, but not knowing the layout he may have been right when he said he could not clear it from the tub. but I would of at least tried it.

Second opinion indeed.

Last edited:
David, we don't bother putting the dirt back. We use slurry then dirt where we can properly compact.

Looks like you called Roto-Rooter. Don't do that. Get a second opinion.

my Mom wanted 3 estimate for a new roof.

so i called 3 roofers, had them meet me at her house, at the same time. :D

they did not think that ws funny at all. one of them was clearly upset. so I told them all

aint no since in me going over the same damn thing 3 times, I am going over it 1 time, and 1 time only.

let your bid speak for itself.

I choose the middle bid.

then, the contract said he would install X amount of shingles for X $

when he got thru with the house, i told him to roof the shed.

WHAT???? that is not in my bid!!!!!!!

I said it's not in your bid, but it's in the contract to install X shingles, and you have only installed Y

you wil be done, according to contract, after that shed is stripped and reroofed.

AND. the extra shingles, are stacked in the carport

Latest posts

Back