Shower pressure suddenly gone

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epperly44

Reaction score
Our upstairs shower has always had great water pressure... until a couple days ago. It is roughly half what it was. I've noticed no difference in pressure anywhere else in the house. It mysteriously just lost pressure seemingly overnight. The shower in question has a faucet for a tub which does not function (to run a bath the water must come through the shower head) which is inconvenient but in the two years I've owned the house it has not been an issue with the shower pressure. The showerhead is clean. I am not a plumber and this has me stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You say head is clean. Did you take it off and try runni9mg water with it removed?

2nd question. what type of tub shower valve is it . why can't you use the tub spout to fill tub.

Pictures??

While the showerhead appeared clean I took it off as well as the extension pipe and soaked them with CLR and that did the trick. Not sure how or why it was a drastic and immediate loss of pressure from hard water residue / lime / whatever but it's flowing like a champ now. Thanks for the advice.

Back