Dishwasher leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakeOut

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Maytag dishwasher model MDB4409PAW0 which I don't really use. It slowly leaks water into the unit, presumably from the hot water source. It will fill up and start leaking out onto the floor within about four weeks if I ignore it.

I press the Cancel/Drain button to empty it. The valve to shut off the hot water to the kitchen faucet is the same valve to the dishwasher.

I Googled a bit and perhaps the water inlet valve is faulty? So far I haven't tried to yank the dishwasher out of it's nook to look at it. I thought I would see if any of you may have any advice before I begin this project.

Thank you very much,
~SO

hello snake out.

since you only wash your dish;s once a mth [that does not sound right]

change out the valve under the sink..i say this because of infrequent use

lead-free-two-handle-angle-stop-04352ab.jpg

hello snake out.

since you only wash your dish;s once a mth [that does not sound right]

change out the valve under the sink..i say this because of infrequent use

lead-free-two-handle-angle-stop-04352ab.jpg

Thanks for your reply frodo. The thing with replacing the valve is that it the existing one is sweated on rather than threaded. I would rather fix the problem then do a work-around I think. I just never worked on a dish washer before so I wanted to ask about the repair.

~SO

Hi

There are three ways to fix dishwasher leaking problem
1)Ensure that human error is not the problem
2)Check the bottom of the dishwasher.
3)Check for door leaks.
For getting complete information about this technique, then read this article http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Leaky-Dishwasher
Might be this article helps you to resolve dishwasher leaking problem

Back