Acceptable leakage?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jckoea1

Reaction score
I installed a pressure regulator on the main water line into my property to get the pressure down from125-150 psi for my landscaping as the house already had a regulator. It is connected between 1 inch pic pipe. The is a slow leak - about one drop per 30 seconds where the male threaded pvc is screwed into the brass valve. It would be a pain to do it all over, so I was wondering if there is an acceptable level of leakage. At that small rate should I redo it?
Thanks for any advice!

I installed a pressure regulator on the main water line into my property to get the pressure down from125-150 psi for my landscaping as the house already had a regulator. It is connected between 1 inch pic pipe. The is a slow leak - about one drop per 30 seconds where the male threaded pvc is screwed into the brass valve. It would be a pain to do it all over, so I was wondering if there is an acceptable level of leakage. At that small rate should I redo it?
Thanks for any advice!

you know the answer, fix it

Back