Faucet/Sprayer Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashews121

Reaction score
My faucet does not shut off when the Spray hose is in use. It does slow somewhat,but does not shut like its supposed to. This is not a new installation,was fine for many years. Any idea what causes this?

Slide #7 up and remove # 5

Take off the spout.

Lift out the diverter and install new one.

Looks pretty simple.

If you are not very mechanical then call a pro.
We like the easy ones now and then.

Slide #7 up and remove # 5

Take off the spout.

Lift out the diverter and install new one.

Looks pretty simple.

If you are not very mechanical then call a pro.
We like the easy ones now and then.

But # 5 isn't sliding up,,do you twist it? pry it up? don`t want to break it..

But # 5 isn't sliding up,,do you twist it? pry it up? don`t want to break it..

Not that hard. The # 5 has a split in it . The #7 holds it from spreading open.
with the 3& pulled up , spread the #5retainer .it has clips on it that hold the spout. I have never taken one of these apart but I can see how it is designed just by looking at the pictures. LOOK close at this link

http://www.deltafaucet.com/repairparts/details/rp21463.html

lll.jpg

Ok,so once its off,,what do I need to remove the diverter valve,and install the new one? any special tools? And also,,is there anything else that could cause the issue I am having?

should just pull out. They way it works is when the faucet is on there is water pressure to both the hand unit and spout. the hand unit is closed until you push the trigger on it. when water starts to floow to hose the diverter moves and cuts off water to the spout. if you are getting water from both when you use the hand unit is because the diverter is not moving with the flow so it does not cut off flow to spout

should just pull out. They way it works is when the faucet is on there is water pressure to both the hand unit and spout. the hand unit is closed until you push the trigger on it. when water starts to floow to hose the diverter moves and cuts off water to the spout. if you are getting water from both when you use the hand unit is because the diverter is not moving with the flow so it does not cut off flow to spout

Ok,,I was also wondering who has the best prices on parts,any suggestions?

Best place to get parts?

I pulled the spout off,I can see the top of the valve,has a cut across the top of it..does it unscrew? looks like the replacement part I saw online has threads on it.

Latest posts

Back