Seeking Opinions About Leak Detection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrenst

Reaction score
Looking for opinions about a leak finding tool adapted from automotive and industrial leak detection.

Questions we are seeking answers to are as follows:
• How often do you need to locate leaks as part of part of your job?
• What is your current preferred method for finding leaks?
• How long does it usually take?
• Would a quick visual dry testing method with UV dye be a better answer in your opinion?
• How do you think this tool compares with other popular methods (link to info below)?
• What would this method need to prove to convince you to use this equipment?

To review this method and how it works visit: www.thesmokemachine.com/ezsmoke

Feel free to post you thoughts here or via email to: [email protected]

Thank you,
Warren S.
Seattle, WA

Thanks for presenting this device to us . But in my three years experience I don't recall us ever needing this . When there is a leak usually the water damage will tell you were the leak is . Only leaks under slap require detectors

I can see where this can be a handy tool. Maybe, Just maybe I get a call for sewer odors 2 or 3 times a year. Most of them end up being dried out floor drains
We have a couple Sewer/Jetter subcontractors we use sometimes when we can't get to it some drain stoppage. One of them has a smoker, that we contracted him to use only once.
Old commercial building that had some serious odor problems. Mexican restaurant across the street was causing some serious odors back flowing out the vents on the roof and in the units. We had made several service calls and found some problems.

Pumped smoke down a vent
Found several sources of leakage with the smoke. Toilet seals, broken pipe in walls. Pretty cool.

Small company.
We just don't have the demand for odor/sewer gas problems to warrant our own smoker

David,

Any guess on the type and make of the smoker you contractor used.

Thanks much for your feedback it is very helpful.

All the other forums bounced me because they jumped to the conclusion I was promoting the product, when all I want to know is what people think of the idea.

Thanks,

Warren

Call this guy and you can ask him what kind of smoker he uses.
Who knows, he might even need a new one if you are promoting it.
I'll shoot you a name and ph # in PM.

Latest posts

Back