Pressure Assist toilet - Tank filling with water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpua

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have an older Kohler 81100 pressure assist toilet that has been discontinued. Lately it's been a little harder to flush as I've had to add extra force to the handle to get it to flush. When I opened the lid I noticed that there is free standing water in the tank surrounding the pressure assist tank. After I flush I can hear a faint sound (almost like air being let out) which is likely causing the leak. Is it worth having a plumber come and look at it, or is there anything I can do?

Kohler said that they would send me a new toilet for $200 but then I would have to have it installed myself. I'd rather save the trouble and money and have someone (or myself) fix it. But if water around the tank means I need a new toilet then I would be wasting money to have someone come and look at the faulty toilet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

It's not a sloan flushmate. It's a Kohler 81100 Flushometer Tank System. There's a leak on the backside of the pressurized tank which is dripping into the larger tank that houses the unit.

Latest posts

Back