Another clogged toilet.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowflowyo

Reaction score
I've read a few threads on clogged toilets here and I've done just about everything you helpful people have said to do.

I had a toilet that was completely clogged and had no water flow. I bought an auger and another plunger because my first one snapped at the head (fun times were had trying to fish the head out of the toilet :mad:). The auger cleared a path and the water went down. However, the water is going down at about half the speed it usually does and I must have used the auger 7-10 times already. I have sent hot water down and tried plunging it multiple times. I have read up on sulfuric acid cleaners and I'm getting mixed reviews. Do those cleaners work on half clogs? I have a feeling i will just be flushing it down and wasting my money. However, I'm willing to try anything before calling a plumber so any advice would be great. Thanks for your time.

Are you using one of these augers or an actual snake? If so, you need an snake for the job. These only reach 6 ft. You need to snake further down the line.

image.jpg

Yeah, I'm using a 6ft auger and I'm getting no resistance and no gunk or anything when I pull the line back. Snake it is. Thanks!

It's a bit more in depth using a snake if you haven't used one. You'll have to remove the toilet and snake directly into the drain. Just giving you a heads up!

Yeah, Im going to try more boiling pots of water and detergent before I do that. Hopefully whatever is down there will dissolve or dislodge. If not, your method is next. Thanks again!

Back