Freestanding tub - center drain question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mel41g

Reaction score
Remodeling my masterbathroom and we need to buy a tub soon. House is on a slab so we do not want to move the current plumbing. We removed a drop-in style and want to buy a free standing. The drain location is giving us some problems... it is located about 18" away from the wall, where one end of the bathtub will be. But the tubs we are looking at almost all have center drains. Is there a drain that will strech all the way to the center of a tub and drain back? Also, what type of drain plug is comfortable to sit on? :)

Like this one. I put in a couple years ago. That waste and over flow are high end and not cheap. Neither was the tub and valve. I re-plumbed the whole bathroom. If you have the coin for that you might as well open the floor and put the drain where you need it. Better hire someone who knows what to do.

That drain is going to be exposed and you have to be pretty right on with rough in dimensions

001 (640x480).jpg

002 (640x480).jpg

006 (640x480).jpg

It uses and old school plug that is attached to a chain.
Drain is in the middle off to one side. Not in the center

Latest posts

Back