Whole house filter problems!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmac8400

Reaction score
Been living in my house for two years now and we have lived on a well. Never had any problems with it but lately our water has had some sedement etc. Hasnt rained or anything like that. We decided to purchase a whole home filtration system. We purchased a whirpool self regenerating system. I installed it and now my pressure in my bathroom sink and kitchen sink is low. Shower is good, washer puts out good pressure, etc. Just the kitchen and bathroom sinks. My pressure tank is set at 40 psi like it has always been, i even rechecked it. I flushed the filter system just to make sure nothing was clogged, we also have a prefilter system and i checked that filter, everything good.

My question is, am i just stuck with this low water pressure, or am i missing something? Because its being filtered will i have low pressure now? Why wouldnt the shower have low pressure? First time well owner, its been a learning experience! Any help would be greatly appreciated, im new to the forum. Thanks in advance!

Mark

I agree. And in my opinion those so called whole house filters are a joke.

When you have good pressure in one faucet but not another, it's generally something in the plumbing. Minerals can break loose from the plumbing and get into little nooks and crannies slowing water flow.

Back