Venting a Laundry Tray Pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takeadoe

Reaction score
I'm told I need to vent the Liberty 404 laundry tray pump. Two questions. First, is there any reason why I couldn't tie into existing sanitary vent. Second, how do positively ID the vent for the 4" sanitary? I'm guessing it's the 1.5 " PVC, but I'm not certain. Thanks in advance!

Mike

Don't see why you could not tie into an existing vent. Unless you have local code telling you different.

http://www.libertypumps.com/Products/Category/SubCategory/Product/?p=19&s=8&c=15

Not sure what you mean by 4" sanitary. Diagram or pictures are helpful

B. RESPIRADERO: la unidad tiene un respiradero para dar cabida al volumen extra del agua jabonosa y permitir el drenaje completo
de la unidad. APRIETE LA CONEXIÓN SÓLO CON LA MANO. NO TAPE EL RESPIRADERO. NO USE UNA MANERA RÁPIDA
VENTS o VÁLVULAS DE AIRE ADMITTENCE ya que no garantizan el rendimiento accesorio adecuado. No conecte un
respiradero de paso único directamente a la unidad. Siga las instrucciones de instalación del fabricante. El respiradero deberá
contar con una unión que facilite su desmontaje y deberá estar conectado a la tubería de ventilación del edificio o de la casa.

for engle press 2

Forgive me, but I'm not 100% certain of how to identify an existing vent. Don't they come off the primary sanitary line in the house, typically just before a toilet or sink?

Seen a lot of odd things on this forum. Typical? What's typical?
Depends on what part of the world you are in. :eek:
You need to give us more info so we can help or just crack on how odd your system is.

Do you have any thing exposed that you think might be a vent or are you planning on opening up some walls to look for one?

Pictures or diagrams will help.

try searching "vent" on this forum. it's been well discussed .

Can we start with a quick lesson on how to reply. Do I use quick reply or reply to author?

I'm grateful for your patience! IM A Biologist with 3 rentals trying to learn this stuff! I'm nearly certain I've figured out my vent. See pics. It is the white PVC. The black leaves the house and the white goes up and exits the roof.

View attachment 1430308964598.jpg

Latest posts

Back