temperature variances with acrylic and copper

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10thmtnarty

Reaction score
I'm sticking a copper pipe into a 15 gallon 1/2" acrylic tank, and sealing the pipe with teflon paste (not tape) sealing it. The tank will be filled with mineral oil, and will vary between ambient room temperatures and 80c/176f, although standard operating temperatures will be between 40-50c/104-122f.

Will the pipe expand to the point of cracking the acrylic, or shrink to the point of leaking?

Looks like it won't be a problem. Thanks.

P.S. I usually only have adblock on in untrustworthy sights. I do not consider this to be an untrustworthy site, but the fact that this site uses infolinks which are extremely annoying, I do.

all that went completely over my head....

why are you talking about ad/blocker in a thread about copper pipe?

i just wanna know,,,a far as i am concerned, you can talk about whatever you want.

i shot a 1'' moa group [5] yesterday at 200 yards using a gustaf 6.5x55

with 120 grain balistic tip being pushed by imr 4895

and cci primers. was kinda proud :D

all that went completely over my head....

why are you talking about ad/blocker in a thread about copper pipe?

i just wanna know,,,a far as i am concerned, you can talk about whatever you want.

i shot a 1'' moa group [5] yesterday at 200 yards using a gustaf 6.5x55

with 120 grain balistic tip being pushed by imr 4895

and cci primers. was kinda proud :D

Nice. I'm trying to get a free float for my s&w ar; right now at 300m prone unsupported I'll put 30 rounds in a 2 foot group.

I think he was looking for diameter of tube expansion.

Correct, and I'm not a plumber; this is for a diy project. My dad taught me everything I know about plumbing; we bought a farm from some amish when I was 10. Learned alot about drywall, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and roofing during my teenage years.

Last edited:
I mention my AR here in Kommiefornia and the law dogs will start knocking at my front door.

AR 15.jpg

that is a bump stock isn't it?
i like bumpfiring,,,but darn it,,it costs me 8 dollars for 1 minute of fun !!!

that can get pricey
that video i posted, shooting bottles. you can hear the last 3 rds i shot was a fullauto burst.

AK's NOT AR's!!! sasha and tasha

sasha    tasha 003.jpg

Nope, not a bump stock. Just a collapsable. I mean, that was my gun, before they sank to the bottom of the ocean, never to be found again. ;)

Yeah, it was tragic. I really wanted to disclose all of my weapons to the government, but now, I have nothing to disclose.

Nope, not a bump stock. Just a collapsable. I mean, that was my gun, before they sank to the bottom of the ocean, never to be found again. ;)

I thought that was Frodo who had a bunch of toys in row boat, tipped it over in a lake and lost them all?

your looking to drop close to $300.00. lot of my buddies are into the AR
i prefer the AK.
prone unsupported...i cheat...

I'm trackin. Pickin up a kimber after that.

I mention my AR here in Kommiefornia and the law dogs will start knocking at my front door.

**** california, indiana, dc, and most of new england. Even though wisconsin is still quite conservative, I'm leaving cuz I'm tired of the sjw's, radfems, and extreme left in madison trying to pass first and second amendment encroaching laws. Going to kentucky.

that is a bump stock isn't it?
i like bumpfiring,,,but darn it,,it costs me 8 dollars for 1 minute of fun !!!

that can get pricey
that video i posted, shooting bottles. you can hear the last 3 rds i shot was a fullauto burst.

AK's NOT AR's!!! sasha and tasha

Never bump fired, probably never will. As far as usefulness... well lets say in over 100 firefights I used burst once, and that was because we had just been issued pmags, and I was attempting to unload my standard mags as fast as possible. Granted, all of em were long distance, but still....

As far as ak's vs ar's...

AK's
Reliable
Cheap
More penetration
Cheaper Ammo
Some states don't allow deer hunting with 5.56

Ar's
Lighter
Accurate
Reliable enough (with pmag's)
Low recoil
More expansion on contact (translates to higher knockback and damage)
Less corrosive surplus ammo
Modular
Lighter ammo, meaning you can carry more
Smaller magazines
Some ranges allow 5.56, but not 7.62

I'm sure I'm forgetting something in that comparison

Last edited:
I'm trackin. Pickin up a kimber after that.

**** california, indiana, dc, and most of new england. Even though wisconsin is still quite conservative, I'm leaving cuz I'm tired of the sjw's, radfems, and extreme left in madison trying to pass first and second amendment encroaching laws.

Never bump fired, probably never will. As far as usefulness... well lets say in over 100 firefights I used burst once, and that was because we had just been issued pmags, and I was attempting to unload my standard mags as fast as possible. Granted, all of em were long distance, but still....

As far as ak's vs ar's...

AK's
Reliable
Cheap
More penetration
Cheaper Ammo
Some states don't allow deer hunting with 5.56

Ar's
Accurate
Reliable enough (with pmag's)
Low recoil
More expansion on contact (translates to higher knockback and damage)
Modular
Lighter ammo, meaning you can carry more
Smaller magazines
Some ranges allow 5.56, but not 7.62

I'm sure I'm forgetting something in that comparison

not really,,my ak's are 7.62...

i like a gun i can throw in the river then fire it,,,
simple easy o work on design.

imo ar are for the "cool kids"
my long range is 1 of 2 smith corona osa3 or a k-98 capture
the k98 with fmj punchs holes in 1/2 steel plates at 75 yards--100 yards

127.jpg

When you say not really what exactly are you referring to?

Oh ya, ar's are much lighter...until you start adding attachments.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back