Bar sink / bathroom sink drain question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtomkins

Reaction score

I am working on finishing our basement off. I had a bathroom roughed in when the house was built so I have a shower drain, toilet drain and a DWV stack that is 2" coming out of the floor and after about 24" it reduces to 1.5" and then goes up and out of the house.

My question is regarding adding a bar sink and how to drain and vent it properly and to code. The bar sink would be at the standard height of base cabinets (36"). The bar sink is located about 7 feet away from the DWV stack (6 feet to a corner and then about 1 foot around the corner)

The bathroom sink would be at the standard 33.5" approx for a vanity.

My original plan was to run the bathroom sink directly to the DWV stack from the P trap under the vanity sink. The bar sink would have a P trap, enter the wall where I would have a vertical pipe go up about 4' then go horizontal around the corner and connect to the 1.5" vent pipe from the DWV stack. The drain line from the bar sink would then go around the corner and with the appropriate drop would connect to the 2" drain section of the DWV stack under the drain connection from the bathroom sink.

I don't think I have a drain flow issue as neither of these are going to be a constant use item. I believe the issue I have is that the bar sink is higher than the bathroom sink and therefore if it floods, it would back up into the bathroom sink.

I have uploaded a couple of pictures showing how I planned. The components are just pressed together right now.

Any suggestions on how to complete the project?

20150422_211600.jpg

20150422_211621.jpg

as far as wet venting your ok...

you need to use dwv fittings and not pressure fittings

your lav and bar sink rough in height is 19'' floor to center drain

your 2'' waste to the bar sink looks to be lacking fall.

the vent,,needs to be 2''. because its a wet vent

on your bar sink, i would use a 2''st 90 and a 2x1 1/2x 1 1/2 san tee

20150422_211621.jpg

20150422_211600.jpg

Domestic Water_zpshjrz1fls.jpg

Last edited:
Back