Two Master Drain pipe vents in front of house?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crc2k

Reaction score
Hello All. Have a strange question... My house was build in the 1950's.. I have no basement, the house is on a slab. I have TWO Gooseneck vent pipes in the front (see pictures). I am not sure if they are both active. The Brown colored pipe I hear gurgling, so I know that is one defiantly in use.

The one attached to the house (white) is what im confused about.. When I drain water from all bathrooms, I hear nothing from it.. When I drain water from kitchen sink, I can hear a very SLIGHT gurgle (white pipe), BUT I also have a much heaver gurgle from the brown vent pipe..

When the kitchen was remodeled last year, their were TWO drain inlets in the kitchen slab.. The plumber at the time just capped one off and connected new pluming to the other. We have had no drain issues.. We are connected to sewers.

So my question.. Why would I have two of these pipes? Can they be connected together and why? I was hoping to abandon the white one since I will be putting in a walkway... Any advise would be appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

lake-vents.jpg

Last edited:
You could have two drains that connect outside of the house and the pipes shown are fresh air inlets. The mission band (no-hub) couplings that are visible in the picture can be removed so that the sewer can be accessed by a plumber with a locator/camera. I always recommend this service before pouring a concrete pad, sidewalk or driveway to be sure the pipes are good and repairs can be made to avoid future problems and expenses.

You could have two drains that connect outside of the house and the pipes shown are fresh air inlets. The mission band (no-hub) couplings that are visible in the picture can be removed so that the sewer can be accessed by a plumber with a locator/camera. I always recommend this service before pouring a concrete pad, sidewalk or driveway to be sure the pipes are good and repairs can be made to avoid future problems and expenses.

Thanks for the info.... So do you think the white pipe might have been dedicated to one of the old kitchen drain inlets in the slab?

Also as for the cameras, would I just call any plumber for that? What exactly would I ask for?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back