Where do I go from here?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Remodeling a first floor bathroom/laundry. I am trying to make sense of this, I need some assistance please.

fa5017A.jpg

I am an electrician. If someone would please help me figure this out I will answer any question regarding electrical work you would possibly have.

Washer, lavatory and toilet on one wall, as shown in the illustration. Shower receptor on adjacent wall, hence the 90 degree side inlet tee. Behind the shower is the back of a pantry.

Does that mean the first sketch would not work? The soil stack is inline with the back wall with the washer sink and toilet. The toilet and shower drain would be within five feet of the stack so it wouldnt be necessary to vent those correct? It is a two story house so I would have to open two walls to get another vent up and out of the attic. If possible I would rather run something similar to the first sketch.

When you say revent at 42", would it be acceptable to locate it higher? I am asking because I am going to need to route the vent from the washer above a window, so I would maintain that height.

Last edited:
Back