Can anyone identify these and help with dis-assembly?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merty

Reaction score
Attached are a couple pictures of my shower handles. House built in the 70's and as far as I know these are original. If replaced, it would have been early 80's at latest. Pic 1 and 2 are the handle with acrylic still on. 3 and 4 are after removal of the acrylic and show another metal handle that was beneath. I've been trying to get these metal handles off but am not TOTALLY sure how they actually come off so have been wary of going over the top with my efforts for fear of damaging something. From the look of it, the use of a handle puller is required but I am not totally sure. After Removing the acrylic, the hole in the center that the screw threads into appears to have no additional screw holding it in to the valve assembly itself so it makes sense that the remaining metal handle SHOULD just be able to be pulled off. My questions is... has anyone seen these before and can they confirm if this is correct? Been spraying in the hole and behind the handle with penetrating oils for a week or so but nothing's budging yet and I'm afraid to get TOO rough with it.

Click here for images
http://mecreates.com/external_link.html

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide!!

You just need a handle puller. The metal insert of the 2 part handle is just stuck on the stem.

Latest posts

Back