Utility Faucet To Hose Adapter

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsfrance

Reaction score
Hello. I have a mud room with a utility sink in it and I want to connect a hose to that faucet so I can give the dog a bath with the water temp not being cold. I tried to measure how big the faucet end is and doing the best I can it seems to be between 3/4 and 1 inch. That is the part I need to connect the hose to. I would appreciate it if someone can point me into the direction where I can buy this adapter. One thing I wanted to also mention is that there are at most only 2-3 threads on this faucet for the adapter to screw on to. Thanks.

Tsfrance

Your description of the faucet indicates you already have garden hose threads on the end of the spout. What else would you need?

The female end of a garden hose is way big to screw on to the end of the faucet.

Sometimes it is possible to pick up adapters which can be screwed to either the inside threads or the external threads of the faucet, where your aerator is normally installed. I believe a better option would be to install a dual quarter turn angle stop under the sink.

046224035688lg.jpg

Years ago, I purchased one of those big brand hot water carpet cleaners. It came with an adapter (similar to what Frodo constructed) which screwed onto your aerator, so you could either use a cold water spigot, or a hot water faucet. Have you perused some of those sites yet?

Thanks guys. So far I have searched for it on Google and gone from there. I found something that looks like it may work but I hate to throw out $10 and not be sure. I think I may need to actually go to Home Depot or Lowes and actually see some in person. I was looking at utility room or laundry room faucets and I noticed that a few of them actually include a hose adapter for the faucet.

Thanks guys. So far I have searched for it on Google and gone from there. I found something that looks like it may work but I hate to throw out $10 and not be sure. I think I may need to actually go to Home Depot or Lowes and actually see some in person. I was looking at utility room or laundry room faucets and I noticed that a few of them actually include a hose adapter for the faucet.

yep!!! only way to figure it out is to go look see.

take your existing aerator. with you to compare

Back