Brass compression fitting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvalxnd

Reaction score
I am looking for a 3/8 compression female x 3/8 compression female. Guess it would be classed as a swivel nut or a bulkhead connector. To clarify, I am looking for a female thread that will connect, for example, an angle stop valve to another male thread of the same, both 3/8 compression. By chance, I purchased such a product at a local home improvement store but when I went back to get more it was like they didn't exist. I have searched images and sites across the internet looking for this rare critter. I wish I had kept the packaging, but as luck would have it...

What I am doing is adapting a kitchen sink sprayer to an angle stop for a customer that wanted a sanitary sprayer at the toilet. I turned the mip into compression but now I have two male compression ends that need to be joined. I did this 3 times because I had the fittings I mentioned, but now they seem to not exist. Any help would be great!!

Thanks for your response, I did not know that. I suggested any one of the bidet options to the homeowner but they were adamant about the simple (not) sprayer. After calculating my time and parts, it would have been cheaper to use an approved set-up. It's done now, and they are happy with it. My real question is about the part. There may be a time that I will need to join two male ends of a 3/8 compression fitting. Is it just not made or am I not looking in the right places?

There may be a time that I will need to join two male ends of a 3/8 compression fitting. Is it just not made or am I not looking in the right places?

I hope I understand your question correctly... :eek:

Do you mean you want to split the riser tube to supply both the tank and sprayer?

Shown below is what I think you are looking for. It is also used under a kitchen sink to supply both a faucet and water filter...

WATTS 3/8in X 3/8 in COMPRESSION FITTING-

A fancy one is also shown-

098268468205.jpg

Bidet Attachment_5 - Supply.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to answer my thread; however, maybe my post was a bit convoluted. Let me describe what I am looking for another way. Basically I am looking for a female coupler. They make this in iron pipe fittings but they don't seem to make a compression female coupler. Well...I should say I can't find it (again). Had I not actually found and used one I would give up my search but I know they exist somewhere. As for your pictures, I used a similar 3-way angle stop at first, but the water pressure was too much coming out of the sprayer head (funny) so I had to split the line and use two standard compression angle stops, one for the toilet and the other for the sprayer which could then be regulated.
I think it is odd that they make 3/8"od x3/8"od male but not the reverse.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my thread; however, maybe my post was a bit convoluted. Let me describe what I am looking for another way.

Basically I am looking for a female coupler. They make this in iron pipe fittings but they don't seem to make a compression female coupler. Well...I should say I can't find it (again). Had I not actually found and used one I would give up my search but I know they exist somewhere. As for your pictures, I used a similar 3-way angle stop at first, but the water pressure was too much coming out of the sprayer head (funny) so I had to split the line and use two standard compression angle stops, one for the toilet and the oth/er for the sprayer which could then be regulated.

I think it is odd that they make 3/8"od x3/8"od male but not the reverse.

Please excuse me but I find this extremely interesting. Let me try this again.

You want to split from one riser to two separate risers for two separate supplies. You want all three connections to be COMP (1/2" X 3/8" X 3/8") and not 1/2" FIP X 3/8" COMP X 3/8" COMP ?

Have you considered a DUAL OUTLET SHUT-OFF VALVE? You could regulate pressure on the sprayer and have full pressure for the tank. The ILL shows a FIP 1/2" inlet but are available in 1/2" COMP also.

Brass Craft R1701DVX R Dual Outlet Shut-Off Valve.jpg

Wish I could have used that valve but have not seen one in this small town (Alamogordo). I could have saved me $ since I had to use 6 valves for 3 applications. I did see one on the Home Depot site (29.21). About the same as two valves but a lot neater...thanks!!!

what you are providing to your customer is a very dangerous set up.
if the sprayer head is dropped into the bowl. the non potable water after could very easily be back syphoned into the potable water supply
causing contamination of the potable water. on the lower end it can cause stomach discomfort and the running ****s. on the upper end it could kill the whole family.
I take it your are not a plumber, and are not aware of the dangerous situation you are causing.

A plumber, when asked to do what you are doing, would flatly refuse, hurt feelings or no.
they would inform and educate the owner as to the danger of the proposed set up.

please, for the safety of the community, stop,

Back Siphonage

Means a backflow caused by the siphonage of liquid from a cistern or appliance into the pipe feeding it, possibly leading to a contamination of the water supply.

.....................................................................................................

Thanks for bringing that up. Although the likelihood of back siphonage and the family dying is almost non-existent it is still a remote possibility that we should consider and that is why they made the code. On that note, there are things in a kitchen sink that if allowed to back siphon would kill too...just saying.

what you are providing to your customer is a very dangerous set up.
if the sprayer head is dropped into the bowl. the non potable water after could very easily be back syphoned into the potable water supply causing contamination of the potable water. on the lower end it can cause stomach discomfort and the running ****s. on the upper end it could kill the whole family.

I take it your are not a plumber, and are not aware of the dangerous situation you are causing.

A plumber, when asked to do what you are doing, would flatly refuse, hurt feelings or no.
they would inform and educate the owner as to the danger of the proposed set up.

please, for the safety of the community, stop,

Back Siphonage

Means a backflow caused by the siphonage of liquid from a cistern or appliance into the pipe feeding it, possibly leading to a contamination of the water supply.

.....................................................................................................

:eek: ...hmm...

Another good reason I don't have my license....

Would a simple vacuum break on the supply line alleviate this?

running ****s

AKA- GI TROTS... :(

-Biffy Bidet Hand Sprayer Kit-

The Biffy Bidet Sprayer is easy to install, and the only sprayer on the market with a back flow safety valve. The high pressure hose and parts are designed for years of trouble free use. All parts are included for easy installation. No special tools are needed and are designed for all US toilets. Mounting brackets are included for installation on the toilet or on the wall. Includes hose, connection Tee and hangar.

Exclusive Water Attachment T-

This high quality T attachment is designed for US toilets and has an exclusive screen filter not found on other cheap hand bidets. It's easily removed for cleaning and helps to prevent your spray head nozzle from clogging up and leaking when in the off position.

I am a$$-u-me(ing) that the vacuum break valve is incorporated within this tee, the supply hose or possibly the actual shower head(see attached ill)?

I wonder how many system(s) sold or fabricated do not meet code?

I read here almost every day and there is not one time that I do not learn something new.

On further reading, I think the valve is incorporated into the supply hose...

handspray-install_01__75576.1407442839.1280.1280.jpg

stainless_shower_hose_and_handle__22953.1410308909.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta add that I never understood how these sprayers gained such popularity so fast with what I consider the biggest draw back of the entire set up. Cold water. There is no way to temper the water so you've got cold water splashing against your back-side right on the the winker. Brrrr! Everything down there is going to shrivel and head toward a warmer climate. Second, look at a bidet and look at a sprayer. The application of the water on or over a toilet compared to a bidet is just awkward, like trying to tie your shoe with one hand. I know everybody can't afford to have a bidet installed or even have the room for one in their bathrooms, but this just doesn't seem like it solves a problem, it just make people think they're solving a problem and they tolerate the result.

i agree. 100% I am not squirting cold water on my bum.....NO WAY!!!

i do know how to fix the situation.

they make, or rather did make. A sprayer that fit on the aerator of a kitchen faucet.

most, lav's are right next to the toilet, rework the threads to the lav aerator to accept the hose. adjust water to your kinky temp desire and get after it.

if the lav is to far, adapt to the tub spout.

I believe if I wanted warm water for my bum, I'd just bite the bullet and purchase a Toto Bidet attachment, and put it on. Yep, you need to hard wire a GFCI plug next to the toilet, but those things will do everything you desire, and probably make for a happy crack.

I gotta add that I never understood how these sprayers gained such popularity so fast with what I consider the biggest draw back of the entire set up. Cold water. There is no way to temper the water so you've got cold water splashing against your back-side right on the the winker. Brrrr!

Everything down there is going to shrivel and head toward a warmer climate.

Second, look at a bidet and look at a sprayer. The application of the water on or over a toilet compared to a bidet is just awkward, like trying to tie your shoe with one hand. I know everybody can't afford to have a bidet installed or even have the room for one in their bathrooms, but this just doesn't seem like it solves a problem, it just make people think they're solving a problem and they tolerate the result.

Being from a poor background, I never understood what a bidet was for, other than possibly a drinking fountain or to rinse one's face. During my usual insomnia period early this morning, I researched bidets and now question the how and why.

One model seems to be nothing more that an overgrown lavatory sink where I read after one relieves ones' self, he/she/it/mutant is to sidestep from the toilet to the bidet and either manually wash ...:( ... yourself over the sink style or if it has a sprayer, be able to position one's self to accept the spray pattern in such a manner so as to not wet the walls or clothing.

I personally think the magic wand retrofit is the most sensible, again having the temp/pressure of the water spray controlled so as not to blow one off the seat either by pressure or extreme water temps.

Both of my knees are blown and even attempting to hover over a public toilet seat is daunting. The bidet would most likely lead to a very embarrassing fall... :cool:

Latest posts

Back