Another Disposal issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macfable

Reaction score
Just remodeled the kitchen, after putting in new cabinets, countertops and undermounted sink the drain outlet seems too high. As you can see from the picture the discharge outlet on disposal is just a tad lower than the drain outlet. I'm at a loss as to what I should do. I've looked for small disposals (currently have the insinkerator compact) but nothing seems to be shorter, from flange to discharge, than what I have. Moving drain line down is not an option for me right now but hoping there may be some other alternative. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

IMG_20150228_221619.jpg

IMG_20150302_225421.jpg

IMG_20150302_225508.jpg

I'm sorry I have no idea why the pics are upside down or how to change that....

I'll try to fix your pics to be rightside up. I haven't done these in awhile but it looks like it might fir. The 90 slips over the tailpiece from the disposer and then the j-bend from the trap should sit higher than the centerline of the wall waste outlet.

IMG_20150228_221619A_zpsoqlmaqog.jpg

IMG_20150302_225421B_zpsnux1b5da.jpg

IMG_20150302_225508C_zpslk23buym.jpg

Is this a single compartment sink or dual compartment sink? In other words do you still need to tie into the 2nd sink's compartment using a baffle tee which will lower the disposer's drainline quite a bit.

Poor planning caused this issue. You have to cut open the wall, cut the existing drain pipe and re-install with new lower drain arm. I understand the cabinets are a new installation, but the install was done out of order. The plumbing work should have been done first. I would definitely call your cabinet designer and installer to have them rectify their mistakes. I am a plumber and have worked on hundreds of new cabinet installations. No other way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back