Florida Residential Code Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHL

Reaction score
What is the minimum depth below a monolithic slab for a sewer drain pipe, where the design temp is 40 degrees (no frost line)?

FBC 2010 Residential P2603.6.1 states "Sewer depth. Building sewers that connect to private sewage disposal systems shall be a minimum of [NUMBER] inches (mm) below finished grade at the point of septic tank connection. Building sewers shall be a minimum of [NUMBER] inches (mm) below grade.

The draft 2014 code also does not yet specify the [NUMBER]. The contracter wants to use 12" deep or the crown of 4" pipe, just under 4" below the 4" concrete slab, at the shallowest point.

If this is not a code issue, what is the common practice for cental/southern Florida?

תודה "Thanks"

I wouldn't have a problem with that, in fact I have installed many underground rough plumbings systems with that depth of cover, and have not had an inspector comment on it, nor seen any problems arise from it. Particularly if the septic is not installed yet, I would try to stay as high as possible, to make sure that the final connection to the septic tank can be made while still maintaining proper fall.

CHL

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

How about that; a Gibber on the Forum. I'm in Riverview, I'll bet we both shop at the same Walmart!;)

Latest posts

Back