Compression Coupling Leak help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ff9000

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a leak somewhere near the compression coupling of my cold water line underneath my kitchen sink. In the image I've linked to, the area that is leaking is the area near the top left with the gray box (the image is rotated - sorry). It's the gray box/bolt area. I think the flexible pipe is fine.

If I was to go to Home Depot, what would I ask for so I can replace the area where the supply tube connects to the compression coupling?

I'm a total newb at this but may as well learn with the easy stuff.

Thanks a lot.

34edawg.jpg

Can you unscrew that gray box thing and direct connect. Not sure what that gray box thing is. As long as your braided line is long enough and the same size.

I was getting a kink in my neck trying to look at it sideways.

Hose connection almost looks cross threaded on to that block adapter. Take out that plastic adapter.

Gendow. That looks like an adapter that comes with a water filter system to connect a 1/4" poly line ( blue line behind block )

34edawg.jpg

Thank you guys. What would the functional ramifications be if I were to remove the gray box which connects to the filter system? Would filtered cold water no longer work? I'm ok with that since I don't really use the filtration system, but want to be aware of the impact. Thanks.

Thank you guys. What would the functional ramifications be if I were to remove the gray box which connects to the filter system? Would filtered cold water no longer work? I'm ok with that since I don't really use the filtration system, but want to be aware of the impact. Thanks.

sorry about the slow reply. yes it would shut off filtered water. that blue tube maybe also feeding the ice maker in your frig just follow it to see where it goes

If it is an R.O.system with a small storage tank, make sure you turn off the tank valve if you have one otherwise you may have to run the filtered water spout until it no longer has pressure.

Latest posts

Back