No cold water in single handle kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrell

Reaction score
I have pictures of our faucet. Need to know brand so I can replace cartridge. Seems cold side is clogged by grit. Hot side and spray work (with hot water).

Thanks,
Ferrell

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

You do not need to know the brand. Shut off the water to the faucet and remove cartridge. Bring the cartridge to your local plumbing supply store and they will match it up by sight.

If the cold side is just clogged with grit, what is stopping you from just removing the used cartridge, cleaning it, then replacing it? I do agree for the long run, you may as well just replace the guts with something new, which will last for several more years.

make sure it's not the supply before you waste your time with hunting down a cartridge. Disconnect the supply and open supply valve into a bucket. if water good hold bucket under cold on faucet or disconnect supply from supply valve and reconnect to faucet hold end in bucket. have some one open faucet in middle mixed Hot/Cold position. Hot water might just back wash loose debris back out the cold side. put a rag against the spout for a little added pressure.

I'm guessing Glacier Bay.

18-571_4.jpg

Reactions: SHR

Latest posts

Back