Plumber's obligations after pipe installation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwblue

Reaction score
We recently had a plumber replace all of the pipes in our home.

The dishwasher was removed for the installation. After the job was completed it was not remounted. It now tilts forward whenever a rack is pulled out.

Would a plumber usually remount a dishwasher that had been removed for a water pipe installation? Is it a lot of work to mount it?

Last edited:
If the plumber removed it, he should remount it. If somebody else removed it, he may not be obligated. It sounds to me like the screws for the sides or top of the framing were not put back in. If the cabinets and the dishwasher are all the same as before, you should be able to see where the screws went in, line them up and set it yourself.

Should have probably been done but it is a simple fix of a couple screws or a phone call to the plumber. He should be willing to come out and put them in if he was the one that pulled it out.

Is it a lot of work to mount it?

No. Get on the floor and open the door. Look up at the top edge of the DW where it meets the countertop, You should see two tabs with holes in them. You should also see two holes in the underside of the countertop. Align the tabs with the holes, put in two short screws, and you're done.

Evidently it is not as easy as everyone is stating.

Attached is a picture of my washer with the bracket.

So this is what I have learned. The bracket attached to the dishwasher is not able to be flush against the wood.

1> Do I need to drill a new hole?
2> I need a wooden shim.
3> What size screw do I need? How do I determine what size I need?

Do I need another bracket that extends to the wood? It looks like it. Not only did the plumber not remount it, he did not leave the original parts. How nice.

I have already spent a lot more time on this than I want to. That is why I paid the plumber.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0060 (1).jpg

It is obvious that the plumber screwed the little adjustable feet upward to allow quick removal of the dishwasher. Screw the feet down, which will lift the dishwasher upward, then throw in two screws to stop the unit from falling forward.

It is obvious that the plumber screwed the little adjustable feet upward to allow quick removal of the dishwasher. Screw the feet down, which will lift the dishwasher upward, then throw in two screws to stop the unit from falling forward.

Couldn't it have had another bracket that extends from the bracket attached to the dishwasher?

It is my understanding that running the dishwasher without it being mounted can cause damage. We have done this.

Should I have it looked at?

I think I have had enough of this.

No. That is exactly how they come. So as to not get you more frustrated, just call the plumber back. He will take 5 minutes to get you up and running.

It really is a five minute fix. Give him a call and I am sure he will fix it up,

Back