How much is plumbing rates?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gendow

Reaction score
Rates differ by region but I was curious how much plumbing cost per hour or per job in your area? For instance, how much is it to change one of these fixtures just for the labor and not including the price of the fixture itself;

1) kitchen faucet
2) toilet
3) garbage disposer
4) p-traps
5) lavatory faucet
6) snaking a clogged line

My parents live in Hawaii, I bought a new $100 two-handle kitchen faucet with side sprayer from Home Depot and had it shipped to them with the intention of me installing it when I traveled to see them (I live in CA). The old faucet had burst before I could get there but they were in possession of the new faucet so they hired a plumber to install it and was charged $225 for the installation labor. Seems excessive to me. I was just curious how much plumbing rates are in your area.

I would say for a service shop 100 to 150 and hour. Some use books to price jobs, some charge by the hour.

Hawaii cost of living is pretty high isnt it. There are a lot of factors into that wage. When is the last time a doctor or mechanic made a house call with a truck full of expense equipment.

CT18 has a good point, "There are a lot of factors into that wage. When is the last time a doctor or mechanic made a house call with a truck full of expense equipment."

For clarification, the kitchen faucet was $100, and the labor was an additional $225. For a total of $325.

Those are Hawaii prices. Milk is about 10.00 a gallon there. Gas is a buck more a gallon than the Midwest. Studio apartments start at 1000.00 a month. A 3 bedroom townhouse will sell for over 400,000.00 .

Latest posts

Back