Double bathroom sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbm300c

Reaction score
I am sure that this is easier then I am making it. But currently I have a single 60" sink in the kids bathroom. Being that I have three teenagers sharing one sink I would like to make there bathroom into a double sink. I have found the vanity top and sinks that I wanna use. But does anyone have a how to to go from one sink two sinks. Looking for a step by step and/or a parts list. Thanks for your help.

Also being a new home owner I have a feeling I will frequent this forum alot.

Its not to hard really. I am assuming that your existing sink was installed in the center. You will have to cut off the trap adapter and glue in a wye to go to one sink (which ever you choose). out of the front of that wye go to the other sink. Hook up the P-traps and your good to go. For the water side there is a few ways to do this. open the wall cut the water lines tee them and run them to each sink. The easier and cheaper way would be too tie into your shutoffs with a supply double tee (i call it a dishwasher tee if it makes any difference). that way you can put the supply nut on the stop and go two ways (one to each sink). pressure will be lower but it is not hard at all. good luck.

Where I'm at you wouldn't be able to hook up the drainage like that. The 2 ptraps making a dual vent must be connected by a double tee wye

Back