seeking booster pump system advice

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poesyboy

Reaction score
Hi.
I want to replace our booster system with new pressure tank and booster pump.
There are three bathrooms in the house. The hot water heater is 48 gal.
Water supply is gravity fed from municipal water tank on hill.
The system is approx 20 years old with one inch galv piping into house to mostly copper lines. No check valve, ball valves in pump system.
115/230 volt 8.6/4.3 amps Goulds pump is short cycling and pressure tank is too small.
I want to replace it all new and proper.
I've had three plumbers take a look at it, but are reluctant to take on the job. Guess I have to do this project myself.
I have already sourced a tank but need advice on what pump would be ideal for my situation. Looking for a pump that is quiet but will last. the larger tank will help the pump run less frequent yet shorten runs to last even longer.
Need advice!
Thank you for your time.

ws.jpg

Last edited:
thank you for your reply.
we have decent pressure throughout the house, but drops til pump turns on and then ...get it back, but pump is working too hard.

Pumps like to run 24/7. It is cycling on and off that is hard on them. With a CSV the pump will be happy because it is running steady when you are using water. And you will be happy because you will not see the low pressure while waiting for the pump to restart.

Back