Shower Valve Seal Plate Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko427

Reaction score
Installing a new shower, and the valve and seal plate assembly for the shower handle is set back too far into the wall because the tile guy laid the tiles out too far. The thread from the seal plate is too short, and does not reach the face plate to screw in. I attached a picture of the instructions so you guys know what I'm talking about. Slide 12 on the picture shows the faceplate instructions, but the thread from the seal plate is too short and doesn't reach it. Does anyone know if they sell adapters for this type of thing, or any other remedy to make it work? Any help is appreciated.

Pic of the diagram: http://imgur.com/enlF0rv

Tile guys are not at fault if the diverter is to deep in the wall. Tile requires a layer of cement board and they are not able to adjust how the far the tile sticks out. The best remedy is a whole in the wall and an adjustment to the diverter depth. maybe from the front you can unsrew your mounting screws and put some spacers like small pieces of copper tubing to make the diverter stick out farther and screw it back in. Tile is usualy pretty tight to the cartridge and stem so is probably pretty tight. If anyone knows a trick for this problem I would love to learn it!

I refuse to believe that an adapter is not available for this problem, I can't be the first one with this issue and certainly not the last guy to have this problem. Whether it's the tile guys problem or not doesn't matter right now. I do not want to be tearing up a newly built wall for this. Anybody else with experience on this matter?

Your best bet is to call the manufacturer and ask if they have extension/adapter plates available for their product.

Latest posts

Back