Fitting Challange!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadogo

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help recommend a fitting for me? Its for an RV shower/sprayer.

I need it to pass through and clamp securely to a 1/2 inch thick plywood wall. On the inside of the wall it needs to connect to 3/8 id flex hose that runs to a pump, on the outside it needs to connect to a sink sprayer.

Any fittings or combinations you can recommend?

Thanks!

just a basic hose clamp sounds like it might work.

Thanks for your replies so far.

Here's what I came up with. You might be wondering why I'm asking for help if I already have a solution. This has worked well for me, but I'm trying to put together kits for a few friends with the same camper van and there are some problems...

this is elbow fitting I used:
Elbow.jpg
Problem 1: It works well, but its too expensive!

It looks like this (since its on the outside aesthetics matter):
IMG_1917.jpg

and on the inside:
IMG_1920.jpg

Like I said, it works okay but problem 2: It's a shower/bidet sprayer, probably PVC and probably not food safe (the sprayer is used to fill drinking water bottles and cooking pots all the time). I found a picture on-line of what pruports to be a kitchen sink sprayer with the right straight threaded end fitting for my elbow, but I have no idea where to buy it (the web-page I took the pic from doesn't sell it and was no help):
Sprayer.jpg

So if anyone can offer advice on how to get a food safe hose with the right fitting attachment, and/or cheaper elbow, that would be much much appreciated!

Thanks!

Back