New Sink Plumbing Above Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_rad

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm plumbing in a sink in a new location and am unsure of the best way to do so. Please see the attached pictures which hopefully show what I'm trying to do. The toilet currently runs solo to the main stack with it's dedicated vent. I want to install a sink, on the opposite side of the toilet as shown below. I'd like your professional opinions on the best way to plumb the new sink.

Empty Space > Toilet > Drain

Sink > Toilet > Drain

Also, I'll be replacing the cast partway up the main vent and all the way down to the current pvc, including the toilet flange.

Thanks for the help!

20141219_130351.jpg

20141219_130222.jpg

frodo,

Thanks for the reply. The S trap you've circled is for the shower drain that the current homeowner installed, I'm going to replace it with a P when I get into the plumbing for the new sink and toilet.

The pipe on the far right that you're asking about is the vent pipe for a utility sink in the basement. The vent on the outflow of the shower S ties into the utility sink vent in the wall behind the shower.

It was originally a DIY shower replacement which they apparently got overwhelmed by and have asked me to finish, though my plumbing knowledge is basic, at best.

Frodo why would you cut a combo into the vent for the Toilet? Best to install after the Toilet. You have more room. Even more if you put it on the vertical stack.

This is how I see it from your 2 photos. Is this layout right?

Scan-141220-0001.jpg

Last edited:
David,

You have the layout correct in your drawing. The sink is going in that location just based on a lack of space elsewhere in the room. The only alternative would be to flip flop the toilet and sink.

I'm seeing that you guys are showing a few different options, which is kind of where I was at with this, but the advice has definitely helped. I'll post how it turns out.

Nice . I've never seen or used one of those side outlets santee here.
I've seen something similar in cast iron that was probably installed 100 yrs ago.

Latest posts

Back