Removing Kitchen Faucet, help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiluven

Reaction score
Greetings!

Green thumb here... I'm attempting to remove a Moen kitchen sink faucet and I can't figure out how to remove the bottom piece. It's a large thick brass/copper piece that doesn't have any screws and the whole piece doesn't look to screw either.

The actual faucet itself I broke down and it does have a screw on top but just seems to open and close the valve.

Anyone know how to remove this piece? Once I can remove that, the new faucet should go in easy.

3KYvLJp.jpg

lZrIgyZ.jpg

ZI94amL.jpg

directly behind the two copper lines, way up at the base, you will find a hex nut. Once this nut is backed out, the flange will drop and you will be able to lift the faucet up from the hole. Since you are removing that old faucet, just cut away until you reach the hex nut.

Thank you very much. Let me start cutting away and see if I can find a hex nut in there.

I believe those were originally installed using a supplied "very" deep well socket, but by cutting the copper and brass away, this hopefully will be unnecessary.

Latest posts

Back