EMERGENCY. Toilet/septic tank problem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiffany_c

Reaction score
About 4 hours ago my toilet started making strange gurgling sounds and when I flushed the water would just rise without draining at all. I caught my autistic daughter flushing marbles down there this morning. She wouldn't tell me exactly how many got flushed, but there was a bag of 100, and now only 14 are left, so I think that's pretty apparent.

It got worse about 3 hours ago when I tried to use the plunger. I heard this deep groaning sound, almost like a roar, under the floorboards. That's when waste started spraying out of the toilet (no exaggeration) with the force of a fire hose. The ceiling and walls are completely soiled, the floor too. I was completely covered. My face, hair, torso, everything was covered in waste. The toilet is still spraying waste every 10-15 minutes. I have to keep the bathroom door closed. I don't know what to do. I live in a small town so there are no plumbers available at this hour. Please somebody give me some advice.

1403566790677.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm not even sure who you could call to clean that up. But first and foremost I would get you to a doctor or hospital. You were very much exposed to, and came in direct contact with an extreme amount of bacteria and disease. I'd hate to see you get sick.

I can't offer any advice other than do your best to clean up and use bleach. I've never saw anything like that in my life

rubber boots, rubber gloves, eye protection, dust mask

phase 1 dust pan, trash can. go puke

phase 2..mop bucket. bleach go puke

phase 3 bleach..mop

sponge, bleach, water,

throw every thing away

What he said. ^^^

Call the city. You house plumbing system is not spraying that all over the room. Unless you have four bathrooms still flushing upstairs and the cess pool is on the ground floor.

Holy cow! That has got to be the worst thing to have happen. I hope you went to the doc like previously posted and are well. I would think you would need to use a hazmat suit to even think about cleaning that up.

Back