PF 3 Handle Shower valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FPCD

Retired Wrencher
Reaction score
Here's something I've never run into before: i went to my dads house and did a complete remove & replace of the 3 handle shower valve in the wall. We bought the new valve & trim from the Home Depot. The manufacturer is Price Pfister and the shower control stems & diverter stem were the short, stubby type; i ended up having to use a stem extension kit in order to make the handles & trim work. My question is this: could I have just bought the standard length hot & cold & diverter stems and would they have worked the same?

Here's something I've never run into before: i went to my dads house and did a complete remove & replace of the 3 handle shower valve in the wall. We bought the new valve & trim from the Home Depot. The manufacturer is Price Pfister and the shower control stems & diverter stem were the short, stubby type; i ended up having to use a stem extension kit in order to make the handles & trim work. My question is this: could I have just bought the standard length hot & cold & diverter stems and would they have worked the same?

As long as you positioned the valve body correctly.

With the Pfister 3-handle at HD the extensions are the way to go. They are NOT like the traditional PF were.

Back