tub drain with p trap. tight fitting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accordfreak

Reaction score
The tub drain hole is where it should be in the picture but the only way to get it to that position is to use a loop. I don't think that's the right way. Do you have any other solutions is the solution in the picture ok?

IMG_20141030_150811.jpg

what am i looking at? that is not a sideways trap is it? which pipe is the tub which is the drain?

315 degree offset. he he he he..no, man...

dig up that trap, cut it loose, replace it with another trap that is swung over to line up with your pipe.

you really do not want to offset a pipe to go into the trap, its trouble down the road

Last edited:
sorry, I took a picture of me standing over the drain. the trap is under the 14"-15" mark. ABS going to the old galvanized pipe.

Whoever installed the previous drain didn't install a trap. Here's the current configuration. Hope this picture is a little better

20141101_001657.jpg

Also your trap arm appears to be lower then the galvanized drain. Have that checked out

My code says we can't have more than 135 degrees of change in direction before we hit a vent. Not sure where you're at but you are already over that

Last edited:
Back