Leak below double tub kitchen sink w/dishwasher....

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FenixRising

Reaction score
Hi,
Left tub has drain of left tub, dishwasher, and right tub. U shaped drain pipe left has no thread on pipes. Right side pipes have threads and are secured snugly. When the dishwasher is on it leaks on the left side pipe on U (no threads). Otherwise, there are no leaks. It seems that it is installed correctly.
What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Bob

first thing, that drain hose from dishwasher. pull it up and tie it to the bottom of the cabinet
it needs to be looped up there. tie it off to a sink clip

if your ptrap is leaking, it is either not tight, or in a bind, [not lined up]
i suggest you try and tighten the nut, ck the washer is oriented correctly. thick end towards the nut, thin towards the fitting

also. not sure, but is the clamp on the y-branch attached to the y-branch? seems a little far away

Hi Frodo,
I took the ptrap off to check for clogs. None found. But, when I put it back on it leaked like a sieve. I am assuming that it is not lined up.
More to come.
Bob

Hi Frodo,
Like you said, orient the washer. Of course, I did not do that. Seems that it works ok now.
I'll get a sink clip and tie the dishwasher hose up.
Thanks for your help. If I missed anything let me know.
Bob

This is what happens when you don't scroll all the way through before you try to answer a ?. Copied your picture . Made some notes on it to clarify the nomenclature. Then came back and realized the problem was solved. :eek:

Oh well.

photo.jpg

Latest posts

Back