Compatibility

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikita

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a little question about my toilet tank, i have a Gerber 28-490 Tank 1.6GPF, but i can't find it on the Internet. So can i buy any tank or do I need the same model ? I saw many tank at HomeDepot but i don't know if i can use them.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Your toilet tank must be compatible as a replacement. Often times, the big box stores will order you what you need, provided they can find it in a catalog. As far as the link you provided, I deleted it since it is prohibited to post here. Whether it is valid or not, nobody here could tell you that.

Sorry for the link i deleted the sentence.
Thank you for your answer, I don't want to change everything because the tank is broken and i think i can change it alone.
I will ask to Home Depot tomorrow and see what they propose.

OP,
You might have better luck in a plumbing supply. HD had nothing when I had to replace an odd-color Gerber from the early 1950s in my mother's house due to a cracked tank. Unfortunately, the tank alone was not available but the counter man knew the make and color from the toilet bolt cap I brought with me.

Latest posts

Back