fixing a screw up

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waplumb27

Reaction score
I'm a plumber in Washington state and I ran into a bit of a snag. I did a ground work for a commercial building 3 weeks ago and it wasn't until yesterday that my boss asked me about the location of the water lines to the island sink. At this point in time I realized that I forgot to run the water lines. My boss came up with the solution of running 2- 3/8 pex lines through the foot vent which is over sized by 2 pipe sizes. I'm wondering if that is even possible. I would really appreciate any help on this matter.

thank you
jeff

Probably going to have to cut some concrete. Hopefully it's pretty thin for your sake.

I figured as much. The concrete is about 4"-6".

Thank you for the replies

Stuff happens. We all have our Oops!! stories.
If your proud of how you fixed it let us know.
If it's a whacked hack job, best keep it to yourself.
Come on back and share your pain and relief.

Running pex lines through the foot vent? I'm not understanding that one

As Chris said...

If this is the worse screw up you've had, your doing outstanding!

:D

no lines thru the foot vent,

thats crap plumbing, bite the bullet, use a concrete saw
cut a 6" trench.
bust it up and run your lines

did the electrician run and extra 3/4 conduit?
snake a 1/2 pex line. and a insta hot for hot water

WHAT? maybe it will work, never know till you try

dont feel bad, i roughed a house backwards one time.

boss bought me a compass, [smartass] lol

Last edited:
Did the electrician run a conduit as well? If not , pin the mistake on him and have him cut and dig a trench. Then sneak in and add your water lines.

I had a customer with a down draft Gas stove top on an island counter but they forgot to run a tube to install the gas line so they ran coupled gas flex supplies through the down draft exhaust vent going under the slab. Really nice Marble Floors already laid. Had to walk away from that one.

the owner of readers digest lives in Orlando [did 25 years ago]
they had a leak under the slab. gold inlay terrazzo floors
and i get to try and find the leak.
I found it after crawling around listening and feeling for 1 1/2 days. "X" marked the spot.
they flew in a father and son from italy, who originally installed the floor, to remove the inlay. cut the floor in the joints.
YES, I WAS sweating bullets, am I right? better be.

found it, copper rubbing a rock.

Latest posts

Back