Back to back toilets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtraMilePlumbing

Reaction score
The other day i was trying to clear a main line backup .there was no clean out so i pulled the toilet .the cable kept coming out the other toilet.can anyone please share with me youre wisdom on how to make the cable go down ?

Yes thank you i know that is the next step.but i have also heard that it is possible to get the cable down there.i was just wondering what is the best way ?

bend the end of your cable. Hold it so you know which way the bend is. stick it in the closet bend with curve up .Then rotate it so curve is down as you push it in a little more until it stops . Fell it. Give a little reverse power back spin . Just a little . I found that a little back spin helps the cable pop down instead of going across. Has something to do with how the cable is wound.
you'll know if you went down or across.

I use a 7/8" Ridged cable in a K1500 ridged machine. I've also used a 1-1/4" cable but that one's a little more tricky. It's big and stiff. A lot harder to use

Okay That DID NOT work??? I have tied a piece of dental floss onto the end and pulled to bend the end just enough to make the drop. Wait 2nd thought that was a camera because you can't bend the camera like you can a cable.

Use the same technique with any double fixture fitting.

Last edited:
I've had to use my camera in a situation like this before. Took me a few minutes to setup the camera, saved me a lot of time doing the trial and error thing!

:D

Thank you very much.wouldnt a front yard two way clean out be just as effective?what about price wise? How much would you charge for those two cleanouts? Thank you

Also .the roof vent is two inches .even if i cut out a hole behind the tank.i would only be able to install a two inch clean out which is not big enough to use a 3/4 cable.unless i use reducers to install a 3inch clean out

2" cleanout on a toilet vent. probably not a good idea..

In regards to camera in a closet bend. I have wrapped the camera head with several wraps of pvc 20 mil tape. It helps elevate the lens just a little to see more of the line. It adds a little weight to the head. Maybe just enough for it to drop in vertical pipe instead of passing through to the other toilet.

And a side note ---Clean outs on the wall? I wonder who the genius was who put this one in.
Not a vent for WC but a kitchen line for 2 other units above this one.
It was Not backed up but they have had issues. Just a maintenance run

027 (480x640).jpg

020 (640x480).jpg

022 (640x480).jpg

024 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Back