Replacement for Coventry Brass Works diverter valve?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radius

Reaction score
This has been a protracted, tiring, ordeal...

The stem in the diverter valve, in the Coventry Brass Works exposed shower I have, broke (snapped a cog). Have spent months, trying to replace, repair, re-engineer it, and it all has been for naught, and the company ceased to be in 2008.

So, I am now attempting to replace the diverter valve assembly (pictured), rather than the entire shower system, which is in line to the shower head, and transfers the water flow between the shower head and the handset. The main inlet and outlet, are 1" O.D., held with a compression fitting.

Have received a few curt replies from a couple similar shower system manufacturers- they either do not read what I write ("we don't make parts for that"), or want to sell me a new shower system.

Can anyone tell me where I might locate a similar diverter valve- need not be identical, certainly, but the closer the better, so long as it works within the shower I have?

I very much appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks much,

Ray~

Coventry, cut-off.jpg

Tube size is funny. If it's close to 1" dia O.D. it is probably 3/4" nominal pipe size.

Tube and Pipe Size Overview

Trying to find something on-line will be a little easier to match up a valve to the existing tubing you have if you know what size tube you are dealing with.
Get a inexpensive caliper and get an accurate size $10

It's compression so you should be able to find something that would work

caliper.png

David,

Thank you for your replies.

In the process of doing several things at the same time, and I incorrectly stated the pipe size. It is 3/4" O.D. (or 0.75233, specifically).

On the page you linked to, I can find no specifications for the diverter. The "line drawing", isn't, and the "quick answers" are either invalid or don't apply. This has been typical of my online search for this valve, in a nutshell, and what ultimately brought me here.

One would think it should be fairly easy to search for something like this, where enough parameters are known, but due to inconsistent, or laughable, database management/maintenance, it seems unreasonably difficult.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Ray~

Latest posts

Back