Removing Moen Kitchen Faucet method?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flora

Reaction score
Hi, I am in need of a new kitchen faucet because my old Moen one is eroded on the spout area. Just above the aerator. Water sprays out of it. I have been using a plumber's tape to cover the hole for now.

I've looked at almost all the youtube videos on how to remove a kitchen faucet and it looks easy enough. The hardest part is removing it obviously. However, all the vidoes I've seen shows a different removal method than mine. Mine doesn't look like what has been shown on the videos.

Moen brand faucet from maybe around 2006. It looks like a U shape with screws on it? I assume that I have to unscrew those in order to get it apart? If so, what screwdriver or tools do I use?

xuq7TaJ.jpg

I've replaced the garbage disposal myself with the help of youtube videos and reading up on it. It felt great doing it myself. I'm hoping I can do this next project myself.

The black thing-a-ma-gig is a snap on quick coupler with O-rings.
squeeze the upper white tips and push then in to release.

Then just unscrew the nut on the nipple holding that U shaped block.

Don't worry about the block it fall off when you remove the nut

xuq7TaJ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying it with pictures and words. Love it! I was thinking it had to do with the black screws in the U shape block that removes it.

This helps a lot! Doesn't sound too hard. I'll have to find the tool to unscrew the nut then I should be good to go! Just need to go shopping for a new faucet.

Will update if I run into any difficulties.

I really appreciate both of your quick replies. Loving this forum already! :D

If you buy another Moen faucet, most times it includes the tool to install new/remove old faucet.

That's good if it does! I'll look into it. Yes I plan on buying another Moen faucet. Thanks for letting me know.

If replacing with Moen, call the 1-800 number and see if you qualify for any type of warranty :)

Good idea. It is less than 10 years old. It's in great shape except for that erosion. I don't know if erosion is normal or if it's my hard water that's causing it. I'll look into it.

I purchased Moen Camerist 7825 and it did not come with an install tool. I looked at some of the already open boxes at Lowes and didn't see any in other types. I found out it's not that necessary.

Had trouble turning off the water underneath the sink. Those things wouldn't budge and didn't want to force it and have it break so I turned off the main water supply outside.

Uninstalled it with no problems thanks to Mr_David. The white tips were extremely easy to remove. Everything went smoothly. The instructions didn't say to use a plumbers putty but I decided to put it in anyway underneath the base.

No leaks so far. Project was a success and am happy that it is done especially for me as a woman.

Thanks everyone for the quick help and it gave me confidence to do it.

Latest posts

Back