Boiler steam blows to neighbor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundkite

Reaction score
I'm the affected neighbor. This is a brand new home next door, boiler exhaust viewed directly across from my front door. That steam crosses the walkway to my door before reaching my masonry and siding. This is in Seattle, Washington, USA. Do I have a strong case to get this vent completely relocated? Neighbor refuses to make any change, including any sort of diverter. This video says alot.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OwVZS84QRk[/ame]

Thank you!

call the building department, code enforcement division, report an unsafe appliance being vented. stress safety hazard,

" but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" make sure you are not doing any DIY around your place, if you are, the inspector might look at you also.

Reactions: SHR
I don't see that you have any case at all, unless Seattle has instituted some new requirements I haven't heard of. All the clearances look to me to be well
within spec. That said, this is what happens when houses are allowed to be built nuts-to-butts like that. I am sure you also get to whiff whatever your
good neighbors are having for dinner, and their anti-static dryer product.
You really should have snapped up that lot when it came up for sale, and put in
a nice garden.

Don't want to take my word for it? Contact Seattle Dept. of Planning & Development!

It looks like the vent is missing a cap and that may have not been installed . If it rains and a small wind at the same time they will have water going down to there boiler so you should let them know that and I'm sure tell will fix it reader then having water all over there new house that what I would do

Back