Need help in fixing a leaking toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevejohn

Reaction score
Hi Eveyone,

I have recently bought a home and I am a total newbie in plumbing , so even a little suggestion will be great help .

If I am not wrong , as the lever moves from B to A , the water should stop pouring in the bucket, nut in my case it keeps on pouring and then leaks from the valve.

Could anyone suggest me what I can do right now , what could have gone bad , or If it is possible for me to repair or should I call a plumber.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sandy
v9b9s1bmj

A.jpg

Can you make it stop filling by lifting up on the lever? If so, maybe you can adjust the float by turning that screw head at the end of the lever.

Can you make it stop filling by lifting up on the lever? If so, maybe you can adjust the float by turning that screw head at the end of the lever.

No , I can not stop it by lifting up the lever .

Chances are there is an obstruction in the valve. I'd recommend going to a big box hardware store and picking up a Fluidmaster 400A, for about $7.00 and with a quick 5 minute installation, it will be good as new.

Fluidmaster 400a.jpg

Latest posts

Back